HOME

09 January, 2021

Shape the world!!!! - Foam cutter table



Hi guys 
After many years of thinking, I finally bought a foam cutter table. Probably you know this item thanks to the famous brand Proxxon.
As you can see in the pictures below, the two items have some differents.
These reflect the price gap.


Please really consider to buy Proxxon foam cutter if you need a better product or you have a bigger budget.
Otherwise go ob Ebay and buy the second one. 

I tested a couples day ago and it was great.


This tool is a FOAM CUTTER TABLE. It’s a arch with a string which is heated by electricity in order to cut foam and depron.

I bought it before BREXIT and I paid it 50 euros with two 32gr cords (for Depron),eight 30gr (white Polystyrene) and a plastic goniometer.
The arch is removible, so you can cut in freehand way. Or you can use it in the classic way, block it in fix position and shaping the foam on it.
The max cutting height is 18cm , while the max cutting width is 32cm

It's immediately ready to works in a couple of second.
The cut it's sharp and straight.

I assemble it and disassemble it in 3 minutes.


I thinking to mod it, maybe improving with a measurement scale on the borders, drawing a goniometer on the surface (with permanent ink), building a mobile wall to helping me on the vertical cut.


However, I reached good results also with an homemade solution ...using a big book as a surface on which slide the foam.


Out of there, there’re many solutions.. at the end, all the improvements available for Proxxon could be imported.

I hope you liked it and take a minute to think if it could be useful or your projects. 
I waited many years before buy it but I should have bought it time ago.

Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment